Whether you live in Shanghai or San Francisco, there are many ways to engage with CU-Boulder and our 270,000-strong Forever Buffs family. Get involved in the following ways:
- Network with other Forever Buffs through our dozens of alumni groups around the nation and world and online through Facebook and Twitter at alumni.colorado.edu/social;
- Celebrate your CU pride by attending our events and pregame parties before athletic games in Boulder and throughout the West as we travel to Pac-12 territory;
- Gain career guidance from our alumni career counselor, Lea Alvarado, through workshops, one-on-one counseling and teleclasses. Or seek advice and share jobs with 14,000 Forever Buffs in our LinkedIn group. We just launched our first topical group focused on sustainability. More to come!
As a reminder, under our Forever Buffs initiative, all alumni and students are members of the Alumni Association without paying annual dues. That’s right! You receive a lifetime of services and programming.
So, grow your Buff family and shrink the world. Take a look at alumni.colorado.edu and find a variety of ways to engage with alumni, students and CU. Thanks for being a Forever Buff!
Here’s our photoset from the event.
Read Alumni Association board chair Karin Rutstein’s (Bus’87) speech to the grads on Friday, Dec. 16 during winter commencement:
You stand today on the shoulders of thousands of accomplished CU-Boulder alumni. Like you, they walked in sight of the majestic Flatirons to attend this ceremony as students and leave as graduates.
They include 18 astronauts, Chipotle founder Steve Ells, Oscar-winning co-producer Sarah Siegel-Magness, South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, ambassador Vicki Huddleston, professional football player Alfred Williams and thousands of Peace Corps volunteers.
You are one of them now, part of our 270,000-strong Forever Buffs family that aims to help students and alumni build robust professional and social networks while celebrating their CU pride. It is made up of outstanding people who are shaping the world in which we live.
Whether you move to Shanghai or San Francisco or stay in the Boulder area, there are many ways to engage with our Forever Buffs family to find job leads, make friends and possibly even find a date. Here’s how:
- Network with other Forever Buffs through our dozens of alumni groups around the nation and world through local events and online through Facebook and Twitter.
- Celebrate your CU pride by attending our events and pregame parties before athletic games in Boulder and throughout the West.
- Gain career guidance from our alumni-only career counselor, through alumni career workshops and one-on-one counseling. Or seek advice and share jobs with 14,000 Forever Buffs in our LinkedIn group.
Being a part of the Forever Buffs family means you receive a lifetime of services and programming.
But it comes with a responsibility. Be true to yourself. Remember the people, the memories, the mistakes and successes you experienced here as they will shape your future. Stand for things of the spirit, as CU President George Norlin once wrote. Give back to the university with your time and money. Have a heart large enough to match your successes. Because life will continue to test your heart and challenge your mind.
And lastly, take the buffalo by the horns and stay connected with other Forever Buffs ─ students and alumni alike.
Congratulations on all of your wonderful accomplishments during your CU career and know, as you go forth in life, you will always be a reflection of the university’s soul.