Buffalum Notes, the monthly e-mail newsletter of the University of Colorado at Boulder Alumni Association, reaches more than 105,000 CU alumni and friends every month. The open rate ranges from 12-16 percent. The e-newsletter features short announcements of alumni and campus-wide events and programs along with university news, brief photo features and one longer essay called CU Voices. All of the entries contain links to appropriate websites for more information. To see either the most recent issue of Buffalum Notes or back issues go to alumni.colorado.edu/publications/.
Buffalum Notes recipients live across the nation. Fifty percent of those receiving Buffalum Notes live in Colorado. The next highest ranking states are California at 13 percent; Texas at 4 percent; and both Illinois and Washington state with 3 percent.
Alumni who graduated before 1990 make up 51 percent of those receiving Buffalum Notes, 22 percent graduated between 1991 and 2000 and 26 percent graduated since 2001. Thirty-nine percent are 51 years or older, 39 percent are 31-50 and 22 percent are ages 21-30. The top major that alumni receiving Buffalum Notes pursued is psychology, followed by finance, marketing, political science and economics.
Advertisements must be well designed, in good taste and not be offensive to any of our readers. Issues such as race, ethnicity and gender sensitivity must be considered. No alcohol or tobacco advertising is allowed.
- The associations editorial department will have the final say in what is appropriate in design and content of all advertisements.
- The editors will determine placement of all advertisements in each issue.
- Examples of past advertisers include Millennium Harvest Hotel and Simple Shoes.
- The editorial department reserves the right to reject any advertisment application.
Ads cost $400 per month, payable at the ad due date. Checks should be made out to the University of Colorado.
There are two possible dimensions for ads:
- A long narrow rectangle (banner ad) that goes across the wider left column and measures 450 pixels wide x 140 pixels tall.
- A square ad that goes at the bottomof the page that measures no more than 150 pixels on either dimension.
- Ads should be sent in JPG format. GIF and Flash ads will not be accepted.
- Ads should be web-ready and at final size.
- The editorial department is not responsible for costs of design and production of advertisements.
Here are the deadlines Buffalum Notes for late 2009 and 2010.
|Month of issue||Submission deadline||Mail out date|
|October 2009||Oct. 5, 2009||Oct. 14|
|November 2009||Nov. 2, 2009||Nov. 11|
|December 2009||Alumni submissions only||Dec. 9|
|January 2010||Jan. 4||Jan. 13|
|February 2010||Feb. 1||Feb. 10|
|March 2010||March 1||March 10|
|April 2010||April 5||April 14|
|May 2010||May 3||May 12|
|June 2010||June 1||June 9|
|July 2010||July 6||July 14|
|August 2010||Aug. 2||Aug. 11|
|September 2010||Aug. 31||Sept. 8|
|October 2010||Oct. 4||Oct. 13|
|November 2010||Nov. 1||Nov. 10|
|December 2010||Alumni submissions only||Dec. 8|
For more information
Contact Tori Peglar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-492-4920.