CU-Boulder Alumni Networking Group – meets on the fourth Wednesday of every month, 6-8 p.m. This is an alumni group that meets once a month to network and learn about useful job search tools from a variety of guest speakers. Email Lea Alvarado to learn more or to sign up.
- www.meetup.com – choose the city and look for job search groups or other groups related to your interests
- http://www.meetup.com/Caffeinated-Careers-Club-CCC/ – meet-up in Arvada
- http://www.bdnewtech.com/about/ – great meet-up group for anyone interested in new technology
- Denver Jobs Network, Thursdays, 9:00-10:30 a.m. Free job seeker networking group; Join them on the “Denver Jobs Network” group on LinkedIn.
Held at Denver First Church, 3800 E. Hampden Ave., 80113
(Hampden and Colorado Blvd. just south of Wellshire golf course) Each week this network features different topics such as building the “perfect” resume, dressing for success, how to use LinkedIn, how to network, your job search toolbox and encouraging tidbits for talented job seekers in a challenging job market.
- http://www.squidoo.com/bouldernet – Lists jobs and networking events for Boulder professionals
- http://flatironsnet.org/default.aspx – Offers networking events on a regular basis for Boulder and Denver job seekers and professionals
- http://www.boulderchamber.com/ – Great networking opportunities. About $200 per year
- If you are at the director, vice president or C level, Denver has a great networking event for you. For details about this ongoing event, look up “Denver Executive Structured Networking.mov on YouTube.
How to find networking events in another city
- Type in “networking groups” or “networking events in ______(city)” and see what pops up. Dogpile.com is the best search engine for this.
- The chamber of commerce and the business journal for your city will have great events for a price.
- Check out the events through professional associations listed on ipl2.
- Check out a CU-Boulder alumni chapter in your city. Here’s the map and list. They often will have events. E-mail the chapter president.