All Colorado residents who are 55 or older have the opportunity to attend daytime courses on the CU-Boulder campus as part of the Senior Auditors Program created in 1973 by the Board of Regents and administered by the Alumni Association.
Tuition is free! The only cost to auditors is an administrative fee to cover IT services, registration assistance and related safety measures. CU-Boulder alumni are entitled to a discount on associated fees.
ATTENTION: administrative fees have increased for the 2014 fall semester.
For more information about program costs, visit here
2014 fall semester
- CU-Boulder alumni: $80
- Non-Alumni: $95
Registering for Classes
When you have downloaded the form, fill it out and return it to us. You can return the form via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (303) 492-6799 or standard mail: Senior Auditor Program, Koenig Alumni Center 1202 University Ave., Campus Box 459, Boulder, CO 80309-0459
Classes begin Aug. 25, 2014. Auditors may attend classes during the first week, however, students receive priority during registration. Auditors may formally register for classes at the Koenig Alumni Center on the following dates ONLY:
- Tuesday, Sept. 2, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 3, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
We apologize, but no early or late registration will be allowed.
The following courses are not available for auditing:
- Participatory courses (voice, choral, dance, painting, pottery, computer, theater, photography, etc.)
- Courses offered through Continued Education
- ALL graduate level courses, honors courses and courses that have a wait list
- First year law courses (ex. Law 5000 and 8000)
- History undergraduate seminar courses in 3000s
- Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Farsi and Hindi courses
Registration entitles you to the following:
- Immediate IT access
- ID card for access to the CU library system
- Inclusion on class roster
- Official transcripts for courses taken
- Ability to purchase a Buff OneCard (CU student ID) for a one-time fee of $25.00
Registration is held at:
Koenig Alumni Center
1202 University Avenue
(SE corner of University and Broadway in Boulder – map)
A friendly reminder: please remember that you are a guest in the class, and should not participate in labs, testing, discussion groups or in presentations as these are activities for tuition-paying students.
Also keep in mind:
- If you wish to complete assignments, verify that the instructor has time to grade them
(no academic credit is available)
- Arrive to class on time
- Please stay until the end of the class
- Remember that faculty reserve the right to prevent individual courses from being part of the Senior Auditors Program.
If you have questions about the Senior Auditors Program, please contact the CU-Boulder Alumni Association
Thank you to our sponsor